Have Questions About Medicaid Enrollment?
We're here to help!
On Friday November, 30 at 10:30 a.m. our Director of Patient Access, Sonya Meade-Settles, and Director of Patient Financial Services, Meg Cavallero, will be going LIVE to help answer your questions! Submit yours today!
FAQs – Medicaid Coverage
As of November 1, 2018, more than 400,000 Virginians are now eligible to enroll in Medicaid coverage. This means more people will have much-needed coverage for health care! Open enrollment is open until December 15, 2018, and there are numerous resources available to help you figure out if you qualify for coverage. Here are a few frequently asked questions to help with the basics:
How do I know if I’m eligible?
- You are eligible if you’re a Virginia resident between the ages of 19 and 64 and are not already in or eligible for Medicare.
- There are some income requirements you have to meet, which vary by household size.
- Not sure? Visit coverva.org’s eligibility screening tool at https://www.coverva.org/screening.cfm!
When will coverage start?
- Medicaid coverage will begin January 1, 2019
When can I apply?
- Open enrollment began November 1, 2018, so you can apply now!
- Open enrollment ends December 15, 2018.
What services are covered?
- Doctor, hospital and emergency services including primary and specialty care
- Prescription drugs
- Laboratory and X-ray services
- Maternity and newborn care
- Home health services
- Behavioral health services, including addiction and recovery treatment services
- Rehabilitative services, including physical, occupational and speech therapies
- Family planning services
- Medical equipment and supplies
- Preventative wellness services, including annual wellness exams, immunizations, smoking cessation and nutritional counseling
- MORE! To see a list, visit coverva.org!
Where can I apply?
- Visit https://www.coverva.org/main_apply.cfm
- Call the Cover VA Call Center: 1-855-242-8282 (TDD: 1-888-221-1590) to apply on the phone Mon - Fri: 8:00 am to 7:00 pm and Sat: 9:00 am to 12:00 pm)
- Download and mail or drop off a paper application to your local Department of Social Services: https://www.coverva.org/mat/magi_1.pdf
Coverva.org has plenty of resources to help you determine if you’re eligible and submit an application. Get covered today!