FAQs – Medicaid Coverage
How do I know if I’m eligible?
- You are eligible if you’re a Virginia resident between the ages of 19 and 64 and are not already in or eligible for Medicare.
- There are some income requirements you have to meet, which vary by household size.
- Not sure? Visit coverva.org’s eligibility screening tool at https://www.coverva.org/screening.cfm!
When will coverage start?
- Medicaid coverage will begin January 1, 2019
When can I apply?
- Open enrollment began November 1, 2018, so you can apply now!
- Open enrollment ends December 15, 2018.
What services are covered?
- Doctor, hospital and emergency services including primary and specialty care
- Prescription drugs
- Laboratory and X-ray services
- Maternity and newborn care
- Home health services
- Behavioral health services, including addiction and recovery treatment services
- Rehabilitative services, including physical, occupational and speech therapies
- Family planning services
- Medical equipment and supplies
- Preventative wellness services, including annual wellness exams, immunizations, smoking cessation and nutritional counseling
- MORE! To see a list, visit coverva.org!
Where can I apply?
- Visit https://www.coverva.org/main_apply.cfm
- Call the Cover VA Call Center: 1-855-242-8282 (TDD: 1-888-221-1590) to apply on the phone Mon - Fri: 8:00 am to 7:00 pm and Sat: 9:00 am to 12:00 pm)
- Download and mail or drop off a paper application to your local Department of Social Services: https://www.coverva.org/mat/magi_1.pdf
Coverva.org has plenty of resources to help you determine if you’re eligible and submit an application. Get covered today!